Councillor Information Session
If you have ever considered running for Middleton Town Council…this is for YOU!
Have you ever wondered…
- What does it take to run for Council?
- What should I know before I consider running?
- What are the powers and influence of municipal government?
- What rules, regulations and laws govern my actions as an elected official?
- What would be my role as a Councillor?
- What is the time commitment?
- Do I receive a salary?
- How many other committees am I required to sit on?
- What is the nomination and campaigning processes?
If so…A Councillor Information Session will be held at the Town Hall on Tuesday, September 6th from 6:00pm – 7:00 pm. This is available for anyone considering running for Town Council in this coming October election.
Please contact RO Krista Toole at email@example.com or 902-825-9825 if you have any questions concerning this session.
REVISIONS TO THE PRELIMINARY LIST OF ELECTORS
The preliminary list of electors for the Town of Middleton has been prepared for the upcoming Municipal Election which will be held on Saturday, October 15, 2016.
Electors may find out if they are on the List of Electors by contacting the Returning Officer or Assistant Returning Officer. Additions or corrections to the list may also be made upon application by telephone, in writing, or in person. Please contact the Returning Officer by phone at 902-825-9825; email to firstname.lastname@example.org or at the Town Office at 131 Commercial Street, Middleton between 10:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday to Friday. Additions or corrections must be received by 4:00 p.m. Friday, August 26, 2016.
You will be asked for your name, your address and your date of birth.
Dated at Middleton, Nova Scotia this 29th day of July, 2016.
Krista L. Toole
Town of Middleton